Monday 11 June 2012

Blueberry Muffins

When I said I'd post once or twice a week, that was whilst I had essays and dissertations and job applications to fill out. So when I handed in said essays and dissertation and ran out of hope that I'll ever get a proper job, I found other ways to procrastinate, like going on holiday. But I am back, nearly a month later, with some fresh enthusiasm to avoid job applications and a recipe for blueberry muffins. I made this at home, using a recipe from one of my mum's Mary Berry books.


Ingredients:
250g self-raising flour
50g margarine
1 tsp baking powder
75g caster sugar
175g blueberries
grated zest of 1 lemon
2 eggs
250ml milk



- Preheat the oven to 200C & place 12 muffin cases into a muffin tin.
- Measure the flour, baking powder, and margarine into a bowl. Rub them together using fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs

- Stir in the sugar, blueberries and lemon zest.


- In a separate jug, mix together the milk and eggs.
- Pour into the dry ingredients in one go and mix quickly.


- The mixture should have a lumpy consistency.


- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases until it reaches the top (although the recipe says it makes 12, I only had 10 muffin cases and found that the mixture was suitable for this).


- Bake for 2--25 minutes until well-risen, golden and firm to the touch. Leave to cool for a few minutes before placing them onto a wire rack.



- I meant to get a nice picture of the first one, a couple of bites in, but...it didn't last that long. Such a good recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment