Wednesday 9 May 2012

How'd-ya-do, how'd-ya-do, how'd-ya-do...

The date is the 9th May 2012 and the deadline for my final-year university essays is the 15th of May.

SO HERE I AM.

I'm starting this baking blog as I mean to continue: by prioritising it over everything else in my life.
This has been a long-time coming, I've been uploading pictures of the things I bake onto facebook for a few months now and I'm getting genuinely concerned at the amount of people who are telling me to stop it because my facebook feed makes them hungry. 
So rather than do that, I'm going to dump my bakes on you, little blog. This is going to be where I record recipes I like, cakes that I'm proud of, disasters that make me laugh etc etc. Baking is getting to be what I want to do for a living, too, so what's the harm in using this as a CV of sorts?I'll begin this thing with some photos of cakes I've made in the last year or so that I particularly like...
Candy Cane Cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days book. These are just vanilla sponge with a peppermint buttercream.
My first real go with ready-to-roll icing. I made this for a housemate's birthday!

 Aaaand the day after that I went from the innocent Little Miss Sunshine to some slightly more debaucherous boob-cakes, made using a normal sponge recipe baked in a Christmas Pudding mould.
Some cupcakes I made with my best friend - they've been done a million times but they make everyone smile.

Okay, enough. I'm going to sleep so I can write these essays, so I can get a decent degree, so I can land a half-decent job, so I can save money, so I can do something that my English Literature degree is irrelevant for: buying a shop and selling cakes in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment